The Raypak Millivolt heaters are versions of the Raypak Digital Heater for use where it is not possible or not practical to run an electricity supply to the heater. If at all possible it is best to use the Digital heater but if you need a millivolt heater look no further than this model from Raypak.
Click this link to order a Raypak Millivolt heater from In The Swim.
The Millivolt pool heater is the same as the Raypak Digital Heater except for the ignition and control systems.
- The ignition system comprises a constant pilot, sitting just below a small generator. The heat from the pilot flame generates a small amount of electricity measured in millivolts (thousands of a volt). This trickle of power is then used to operate the rest of the system.
- The control system is a simple mechanical thermostat which you just set to the required temperature and forget.
This has the following disadvantages:
- A small amount of gas is always being used.
- Temperature control is not as accurate as in electronic models.
- No operating/troubleshooting information is available as it is with electronic models.
- The pilot can go out in windy conditions.
- Not low NOx so cannot be used where this is a requirement.
- Not allowed in some locations with natural gas.
However, apart from the above the Millivolt heater shares all the advantages of the Digital Heater such as:
The advanced design – the whole design of this gas swimming pool and spa heater, inside and outside, was engineered to stand the test of time. Aside from the aesthetics of the heater’s design which compliments most of the latest pool designs, the original pagoda top design keeps the heater operational even in extreme weather conditions.
Weatherproof cabinet – The heater has a polyester coated, non-corrosive cabinet more durable than waterborne coated metal cabinets. Beneath the hard and gorgeous exterior galvanized metal can be found which provides greater rust prevention and years of durable usage.
Polymer headers – Raypak’s state of the art engineering used 3-D computer designs to engineer the unit for optimum performance. Polymer resin headers prevent rust from harming your pools surface giving you worry free swimming all year round.
Long Lasting – The burner tray is built to last for many years, from the stainless steel burners to the aluminized metal utilized in heat sensitive areas. Should anything happen to the burners they can be quickly and easily serviced. The ceramic fiber combustion box keeps the Raypak 2100 Millivolt heater efficiently running and keeps the outside jacket cool. By utilizing space age materials the heater prevents build up of left over heat after being turned off.
With all these features, you may ask if whether or not the heater is fuel efficient. The answer is yes at 82% they are much the same as other heaters at this price.
Considering purchasing a Raypak Millivolt heater? See the full range at In The Swim.
Other Raypak Pool Heaters.