Hayward HeatPro Range For In-ground Pools
The range comprises eight models ranging from 95k to 140k BTU with a COP of 5.7 (measured at 80 degrees air/water and 80% relative humidity). They all feature electronic temperature control and dual thermostat, so you can heat both a pool and spa. The smaller model requires a 38 amp supply and the others a 42 amp supply. Two of the models can also cool a pool in hot weather. The range was last revised for 2016 and includes round and square models. To see the product brochure – Click Here.
To purchase a HeatPro Heat Pump from Pool Supply World – Click Here.
- Quiet Operation – Special fan design improves airflow whilst operating quietly. The acoustic compressor cover further reduces noise.
- Corrosion Resistant – The Ultra Gold corrosion resistant coated evaporator coil fin gives increased durability near the coast or other corrosive environment. Plus the injection molded shell is resistant to UV, rust and deterioration in general.
- Trouble Free Operation – The titanium heat exchanger is designed to ensure trouble free operation even in harsh conditions.
- Digital Control Panel – Easy to use digital display with continuous pool temperature display, temperature set point lock and self diagnostic facility.
- Easy Installation and Servicing – The unit has a compact footprint, simple plumbing connections and is designed for easy access for servicing.
If a heat pump is suitable for your needs the Hayward HeatPro range is a good choice both in a new installation or to replace an existing heater. It should help you to enjoy your pool for many years to come. As with the HP50TA above, user reviews for this range of heat pumps are good.
Our favorite supplier – Pool Supply World – carries the full range. Their service is good and their prices (taking shipping into account – which they include) are always close to the best.
Summit Heat Pumps
Summit was acquired by Hayward in 2008 but they continued to sell these heat pumps under the Summit brand until 2015. You do occasionally still see them for sale so I have left this information here. The current Summit heat pumps are aimed at the trade only.
There are 4 models ranging from 65 – 140k BTU with a COP of 6.0 – 6.2 (at 80-80-80). In terms of specification they are very similar to the Hayward HeatPro but cost a bit more.
The Summit brand suggests higher quality and this is backed up with claims such as “ All the Summit heater parts and accessories are superior in quality….”.
The key features are much the same as these of the HeatPro:
- Quiet Operation
- Titanium heat exchanger
- Corrosion Resistant
- Electronic Controls
Plus: a thermostatic expansion valve which delivers the correct amount of refrigerant for optimal performance. This maximizes performance in low
Reviews of the Summit heat pumps are difficult to find but generally seem to be good. There was little change to the range since Hayward’s involvement so at least it is a tried and tested product. It did seem that Hayward were competing with themselves here and Summit does not feature in the current range but these heat pumps can still be found for sale.
See other Hayward Pool Heaters.